Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Send Michael and Patricia a free card thru the hospital...

PHYSICAL THERAPY IS FUN!!! MICHAEL LOVES IT WHEN PT COMES. THE HIGH TOP SHOES KEEP HIS FEET FROM GETTING FOOTDROP - & VISITORS ARE SIGNING THEM LIKE A CAST!
-----------------------------------------------

Hi, all!

Sister Karen found this on the Twin Cities Community Hospital site:

http://www.twincitieshospital.com/en-US/CWSApps/CheerCards/Default.aspx?language=en-US

Called "Cheer Cards," they're free color postcards with a message you write online, which they deliver to our room. I'm taping them on the wall after I show them to Michael, and we're starting to create Cheer Card wallpaper!

And if you want to send a real card, of course we welcome that, too, at my name at P.O. Box 1376, Templeton, CA 93446.

We're due to go over to the DOU side sometime today and there we can even have FLOWERS & PLANTS!!! Yay - natural oxygen and something from the outdoors! (I've brought Michael leaves, to prove there is life outside a hospital room.)

And here's a shout out to my fabulous Weight Watcher groups and co-workers: Thanks for all your prayers, healing energy and good wishes sent our way. I miss you and look forward to our life normalizing enough for me to get back to doing what I love and being amongst you. Bill and Ann, I tried to email you back, but Charter insists on referring to me as spam! It was great to run into Flo in the hospital gift shop, where she caught me buying earrings in a moment of lovely distraction and indulgence.

I actually went home last night and slept in my own bed like a normal person, because Michael has the trach plug in full time now. Knowing he could talk and that he was totally stable - and that I was about to bite off someone's head and spit it out at their flailing torso - I thought it would be okay to go home for a bit. I feel SO much better for doing so. I might even let the next mental midget who gets in my way keep on living...

Hugs and Kisses (with no Biting),
Patricia

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, Michael and Patricia!
Patricia, I love the on line cards, but it wants an email to send it to. Sorry if I sound like a dolt (snail mail is so much easier, right?) but what email should I enter for your wall of love?

So glad to see pics and everything moving in such a positive direction! Go Mike!

Do jet back!
Much love,
Margo