Monday, January 25, 2010

WE HIT REHAB!!! (Look Again - I Added Pix)

"I'M READY FOR REHAB!!"
-----------------------------------------------
I don' know if anyone bet against me, but I won my bet: Michael got the big A-OK for rehab and by noon-thirty, away he went, with his trusty sweetie-pie bringing up the rear (and gear) in the Highlander.

I'm Blackberrying this from Michael"s room (108) at Cottage Rehab - but the photo is Michael at the ICU in Templeton wearing clothes for the first time in 33 days and ready to receive the transport ambulance.

Lessons In Bureaucracy: When I'd asked the Rehab liaison if I could sleep in Michael's room, she assured me that would NEVER be allowed...but after I got here, I told the Nursing Mgr., a sympathetic Asian man named George, that I was concerned Michael would wake up the first night scared and disoriented; he promptly invited me to sleep in the empty second bed - which I did, gratefully.

And then he brought me a turkey sandwich and some hot tea, bless him!

Tomorrow, we learn the wild and woolly ways of Rehab.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I WAS EMAILED THIS ADORABLE PHOTO FROM OUR TENANT/MGR (AND LONG TIME FRIEND) PETER TOBIN IN SANTA CRUZ WITH HIS NEW WIFE XIAONA AND THE BASIL PLANT WE BROUGHT THEM AS A SYMBOLIC GIFT (SPICE IN THEIR MARRIAGE). THEY SAY THE PLANT IS THRIVING AND THEY CALL IT "HEALING BASIL," AS THEY'VE BEEN LIFTING HIM TO HEALING ENERGY EVERY DAY!